Mammut Smart Belay device (Graphite/Red)
- Availability: In Stock
The Smart safety device has been specially designed to meet the needs of the constantly growing group of indoor and sport climbers. It dynamically brakes the climber in an accidental fall, and locks even at low levels of force exerted by the user. The Smart therefore actively supports the braking effect in the event of a fall. However, the Smart is not a semi-automatic belay. In other words, despite the active braking force support, the braking hand must remain on the rope at all times. But in situations where the user has a sudden shock, the function corresponds to the reflex movements of the human body. Suitable for all current HMS carabiners and simple ropes from 8.9 to 10.5 mm in diameter.
- Double or single rope belay device with assisted braking for ropes 7.5 to 9.5 mm diameter
- Suitable for all-round climbing use
- Smooth rope control during the descent
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device
- Silver-red version for use with rope diameters of 7.5 to 9.5 mm