MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT MEN'S CROZ JACKET (RAVEN)
- Brand: Mountain Equipment
- Availability: In Stock
The Croz jacket is a new technical layering hybrid fleece from Mountain Equipment. Three different fabrics combine to provide warmth, moisture management and abrasion resistance making it perfect for year round climbing and mountaineering.
The Croz jacket is perhaps one of the best layering fleeces for technical climbing and mountaineering. The use of three different fabrics creates a fleece jacket that provides warmth, moisture management and abrasion resistance. Designed with a close fitting Active Fit and using stretchy fabrics the Croz moves with you without adding bulk.
Mountain Equipment have sourced reliable Pontetorto Fleece for the Croz, this quality fabric is made in Italy and the company has a long heritage of producing performance fabrics. The main body and the hood of the Croz uses Pontetorto Technostretch 245 (g/m²), as the name implies this technical stretchy fleece has a smooth outer and a soft pile inner to wick moisture and glide easily under layers; it is very similar to Polartec Powerstretch. Ceramic reinforced Technostretch 260 is used on the shoulders and hips, this slightly heavier fabric resists compression under pack straps and climbing harnesses and has a tough ceramic coating to resist abrasion. Lightweight Polartec Powerdry 225 is used under the arms, side panels and cuffs, this aids moisture transfer in these areas prone to wetting and removes unnecessary bulk. PowerDry uses mechanical wicking technology woven into the fabric to actively pull moisture away from your skin, directly transferring it to the outer surface where it diffuses for super fast drying. This technology cannot be washed out or worn off and lasts for the lifetime of the fabric
This combination of specifically zoned technical fabrics and a close fitting under or over helmet hood provides exceptional performance and a very comfortable fit enabling the Croz to excel on its own on a big rock route or under a shell on long mixed climbs. The Croz's technical performance also makes it perfect for general mountaineering and trekking where low weight and bulk are just as important.
- Pontetorto Technostretch 245 fleece for warmth and minimal bulk (main body and hood)
- Ceramic reinforced Pontetorto Technostretch 260 for abrasion resistance (shoulders and hips)
- POLARTEC Power Dry 225 for exceptional moisture transfer and minimal bulk (underarms, side panels and cuffs)
- Active fit
- Flatlocked seams throughout for next-to-skin comfort
- Lycra bound grown-on hood fits under or over a helmet
- YKK moulded centre front zip
- 2 hand pockets and 1 Napoleon chest pocket
- Low bulk cuffs with integrated thumb loops
- Dual tether hem drawcords