Cassin Belay Device (Gold)
- Availability: In Stock
The Cassin PIU 2 Belay Device is a version of the Cassin PIU but provided with a second carabiner hole to make it simpler to lower a second who is currently weighting the rope.
The method is that you clip a carabiner (ideally a CAMP HMS Nitro or an HMS Compact carabiner for which the PIU 2 was specifically designed) through the second hole of the Cassin PIU 2 Belay Device and deploy it as a lever to progressively release the tension.
The teeth of the Cassin PIU 2 Belay Device have been designed to be able to successfully accommodate a wide range of diameters of rope so that the same equipment set up can be used whether you are using a single thick rope or twin thinner ropes, for example.
- Uses: Rock climbing, alpinism, general mountaineering
- Auto-locking when belaying one or two climbers on top rope
- Ideal combination with CAMP Nitro or HMS Compact locking carabiners
- Diagonal cable prevents rope from rubbing and jamming
- Rope diameter: Single 10-11 mm; double 8-9 mm
- Weight: 80 g (2.8 oz)