ARC'TERYX MEN'S KAPPA HOODY (STELLAR ORANGE)
- Brand: Arcteryx
- Availability: In Stock
- Special Price
The Kappa Hoody is a brilliant winter heavily insulated hooded jacket. Windproof, highly breathable and very water resistant it's perfect for active pursuits in winter conditions, alternatively it makes a great car coat.
The Arc'teryx Kappa Hoody is a brilliant winter insulated hooded jacket. Whilst not guaranteed completely waterproof it will keep out all but the most extreme weather. Heavily insulated with a 140g/m² synthetic Coreloft polyester fibre the Kappa is perfect for active pursuits in freezing conditions.
The Kappa is constructed using N70p Windstopper fabric with critical areas reinforced with N80p-X fabric for increased abrasion resistance. Windstopper fabric is made using the same PTFE membrane as normal Gore-Tex products but without some of the protective layers; this makes it very highly water resistant but not absolutely completely waterproof. Arcteryx further enhance the wet weather performance of the Kappa by taping the critical seams over the shoulders and chest. Our practical experience has shown us that you would have to try very hard indeed, in some pretty horrendous conditions, to get wet in this jacket. The advantage of Windstopper is that it is much more breathable, so better suited to more aerobic activities.
Insulation is taken care of by 140g of Coreloft, a siliconised, highly crimped polyester yarn that is highly breathable, compressible and has excellent loft retention. Unlike down Coreloft will retain much of its warmth even if it does get wet. Fully featured with a helmet compatible StormHood with a microsuede lined internal collar for comfort and a plethora of pockets for all your stuff.
The Kappa is a brilliant jacket made superbly and suitable for all outdoor winter activities or as a reliable and warm winter jacket.
This garment has the Arc'teryx “Athletic Fit”. This is the Standard fit of any Arc’teryx garment. Yes its trimmer than their “Relaxed fit” but it still has enough room for a base layer; such a light fleece mid-layer and a synthetic or down filled mid-layer. Don’t be put off by the word “athletic”, check out the link below for exact sizing measurements.
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Taped seams for added weather proofing
- Non-quilted, laminated construction eliminates cold spots
- Athletic fit for a slimmer more flattering profile
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Insulated hood
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- Integrated fitted collar panel for added warmth and comfort
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Bottom snap closure on zip
- Two-way separating front zip
- Laminated die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Chest pocket with zip
- Two hand pockets with zippers
- Two internal mesh pockets
- Weight: 750g
- N80p-X WINDSTOPPER® 2L
- N70p WINDSTOPPER® 2L
- Coreloft: 140 (140g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconised polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.