SNUGPAK BIVI BAG (OLIVE)
- Brand: Snugpak
- Availability: In Stock
The Snugpak Bivvi Bag is made in the UK, for UK Weather Conditions, protecting you from evaporative and convection heat loss and one of the Ten Essential Items for Hillwalking & Mountaineering. The Bivvi Bag is listed as an essential item within the ‘Freedom of the Hills Systems Approach’ to Hill Walking, providing emergency shelter for anyone participating in ventures and expeditions. Lightweight, waterproof and windproof, the Bivvi Bag provides protection from weather elements all year round and is small enough to be carried on it’s own for emergencies, as well as used in conjunction with an entire sleeping system for wild camping and tent based camping ventures.
When planning and conducting any venture, shelter is one of the most important considerations for lightweight travel, even if planned camps are not part of the overall objective. The lightweight bivvi bag, a term abbreviated from bivouac, a French word meaning ‘temporary encampment’, can be used as the bare minimum for light-weight wild camping in the summer, or used in conjunction with a sleeping bag and air mat for planned camps all year round, as well as in an emergency to protect against weather elements if you are benighted in less than ideal circumstances.
The Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for outdoor ventures, bushcraft and emergency survival. With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your outdoor kit, with or without a sleeping bag. A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head guarantees waterproof and windproof durability, creating an enclosed micro-climate that increases humidity, and maintaining body temperature through the protection of evaporative and convention heat loss.
The technical fabric of the Snugpak Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m 2 per 24hours . When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your outdoor ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with with emergency benightment should the worse happen, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag.
Snugpak Bivvi Bags come complete in Standard and Extra Large Sizes, which can be used with 4 Season or Expedition (Polar) based sleeping bags.
Please Note: Snugpak Bivvi Bags have a solid coating, and although designed to be breathable, sufficient air cannot pass through the fabric to sustain breathing. Care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, so as to prevent suffocation.
- Breathable High moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active.
- Light Weight Exceptionally lightweight, perfect when on the move.
- Made In The UK - Support British manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality.
- Waterproof - 100% waterproof to help keep you dry.
- Made of Paratex Dry, a lightweight, durable, 100% waterproof and breathable fabric. It makes an ideal protective shell for any of our sleeping bags, weighing only 340g. Exceptional breathability ensures user comfort in all conditions.
- Made in the UK. Support UK manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality.
- Hydro Static Head in Excess of 5000mm (Hydrostatic Head) over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof
- Outer Fabric can be treated with a Durable Water Repellant (water repellency can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic re-treatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
- Supplied with its own stuff sack - Help reduce volume to give you extra space when travelling
- Weight - 300g
- Width (Chest) 85cm
- Width (Foot) 65cm
- Length 228cm
- Pack size - 13cm(H) x 10cm(W)